Firewalls.

Granny. 15:48 02 Mar 2008

I`ve always had ZoneAlarm and never had any problems with it until a couple of days ago when it just wouldn`t load for some reason.

I came and browsed through here, and saw that a lot of you recommended Kerio so decided to give it a try, but if I try to go on a shopping site, such as Boots, it blocks it. (doesn`t like the ads on there or something!)
Very frustrating!

So, before I start messing about and removing it, what would you advise please?

Should I reinstall ZoneAlarm do you think, as at least I had the choice whether to allow a site which Kerio doesn`t appear to give me.

It`s probably me not using it correctly, but I would value your advice as you`ve always helped before whenever I`ve had problems.

Stuartli 16:02 02 Mar 2008

You could first try typing:

services.msc

into the Run box (from Start) and clicking on OK.

When the Services folder opens, scroll down to True Vector Service and ensure it is set to Automatic.

You can alter this if necessary by highlighting the True Vector Service line>Properties and using the menu to enable Automatic. Click OK.

Also try reinstalling ZA's latest version if you don't have it from:

click here

Note that Version 71.078.0 is for Vista.

As you are familiar with ZA, it's probably best to stick with it.

brundle 16:03 02 Mar 2008

Disable Web-Filtering in Kerio, it will be disabled 30 days after installation anyway if you are using the free one.
click here

Granny. 13:40 03 Mar 2008

Thank you very much Stuartli and Brundle.

I`ve decided to try Zone Alarm again and have downloaded it from the site you so kindly put in your reply, Stuartli.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires