firewall turns off

elbecko 23:58 07 Jun 2008

hi there.

i run xp but i do not use the windows firewall, i've always had the sunbelt kerio variety, which works well.

however, more often than not, after i start the computer up, a message comes on the desktop saying that my sunbelt firewall is turned off.
it doesn't happen every time, maybe 7 out of 10 times.

any ideas why this would happen?

birdface 00:06 08 Jun 2008

I don't know but if you find out let me know.As mine is the same.I was thinking of deleting it and then reinstalling it.I don't think there is a repair function with it.Mine only does it about 1 in 10.

rdave13 00:15 08 Jun 2008

Possibly change firewall? Try some others to see if they work better and have a good interface.

Technotiger 06:55 08 Jun 2008

I too have XP and Sunbelt (Kerio) firewall. I have never experienced any turning off of the firewall. I have the full paid for version, have been using it for quite a few years now.

Technotiger 07:05 08 Jun 2008

BTW, there is a time-limited offer running at the moment - from the Sunbelt web-site the full version is available for only $9.95, approx £4.50.

birdface 10:33 08 Jun 2008

Can't grumble with £4.50 I have purchased the paid version removed and reinstalled the Firewall and will wait and see if I get anymore problems.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?