The Firewall Has Detected Question.

swanny2 21:42 14 Jul 2009

hi all
ive got Commodo Firewall,XPHome.
What i want too know is! every time i boot up i get this..in a box!
The Firewall has detected a new Private Network!! that you are about too Join,close the window if Declining or follow these step...
Step 1 .. Give a name too the Network (theres a box too type what i want) eg> Home Network or Office Network..
Step 2.. Decide if u want too trust other Pc,s in this Network.
Now my wife has a Laptop downstairs,heres is ok only me sons i cant get connected.We have just changed over from NTL Broadband ,Too Sky Plus Bt.
Im not sure what this message is trying too tell me,as ive never seen it before.Ive declined every time its popped up,as i keep thinking some one is trying too get on our Network.? please advise if you know too put my mind at rest.
ramble over .Thanks
Swanny :O)

Ex plorer 23:13 14 Jul 2009

click here;msg306384

birdface 06:47 24 Jul 2009

Just downloaded the trial version of AVG Security Suite and it gives the exact same message.I believe it just wants you to confirm that it your proper network connection.It gives you 3 options.You have to pick one,as i am the only one I ticked the Lone Connection.If more than one connection you have to pick which one.and thanks for your input I now know that I have to type Lone Connection into box.
Beginning to wish that I had stayed with Kerio Firewall never had any problems with that.
Just had a look at the configurations In Avg Firewall.And to tell you the truth I don't have a clue if I have set them up properly or not.
Well impressed with Avg Security Suite but when it comes to the Firewall I am not sure that I have set it up properly.Probably will remove it after the month is up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?