Firewall Blocks access to internet sites & e-mail

Actor One 22:37 23 Feb 2004

My NetDefense firewall (part of soon to upgraded Systemsuite 4) has suddenly decided to block all access to any sites including my mail server, as soon as I switch the Firewall off I cam access them, I have looked at all the settings and have changed nothing, if I have to switch the firewall off every time I access the internet, it somehow defeats the object of having one

Any suggestions?. Will be replacing Systemsuite 4 with a 5 Upgrade soon, so that may solve the problem....(:-(

woodchip 22:39 23 Feb 2004

Try ZoneAlarm Free version

Actor One 13:49 24 Feb 2004

Doesn`t resolve the issue of why it does it though, I could disable it, and use zone alarm, but I shouldn`t really have to as it has never done this before, I`m trying to find out if any programme I`ve installed has caused it, my main culprit so far is Redshift 5 as I had no problem before.....though why it should be begs the question.

Thanks though woodchip for your suggestion will keep it in mind.

Stuartli 15:40 24 Feb 2004

Redshift 5 rings a bell from another thread, but I can't find it as there are so many on firewalls.

Actor One 16:11 24 Feb 2004

Have corrected the problem by uninstalling completely SystemSuite 4 then re-installing it, as I`m getting the SystemSuite 5 upgrade disc any day now I`ll say this problem is solved, though what caused it is still a mystery. It could be also Quicktime Player which came with Redshift 5, that caused a problem with by SB Audigy Creative Sound card by distorting all the sound.....another head-scratch..Thanks again...

puma22 14:29 02 May 2005

I keep getting messages from one alarm saying it has blocked internet access from... and then gives me an address. I have tried googling these but not come up with anything. Is there any way I can find out who it is, or would you suggest I dont bother?
Cheers

VoG II 14:33 02 May 2005

Don't bother but click here and click here

Actor One 16:42 05 May 2005

This is a very old thread, I started in Feb.2004, resolved long ago, many apologies for not closing it down earlier, but thanks to VoG for the sites, very handy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?