firewall blocking ntoskrnl.exe from using i/net

johnnyrocker 08:52 22 Aug 2007

this has recently been popping up ( last two/three days)a spybot search found a trojan which i deleted and this morning avast found another but i am still getting the same message pop up now and again, running xp pro sp2 and all updated, do i have a further problem or is it ok to just carry on?

johnny.

birdface 09:25 22 Aug 2007

Googled,It will give you something to look at until someone comes up with a fix. click here

birdface 09:57 22 Aug 2007

Spybot is Ok for some scans,But I think you need another Spyware program.I use A Squared but there is a big choice out there and most are free.click here

birdface 09:58 22 Aug 2007

Sorry wrong click here. click here

johnnyrocker 10:51 22 Aug 2007

my thanks for the answers so far, i would add i have (and ran) cc cleaner, super anti spyware,spywareblaster.

johnny.

birdface 11:23 22 Aug 2007

What Firewall do you have installed.I believe that ntoskrnl.exe is used by Microsoft and just wondered if this file is corrupt and that is why the Firewall stopped it,As you see with my first click here.There are a few folk with the same or had the same problem.You need someone with a bit more knowledge of your problem to give you the help that you require.I am only filling in till one of the others appear.After deleting the Trojans,I presume that you rebooted your computer and ran your Security programs again to make sure that they have not come back,

johnnyrocker 11:26 22 Aug 2007

my thanks for your help so far, i run sygate firewall and avast av, yes i have checked and they have not returned after re boot.

johnny.

birdface 12:13 22 Aug 2007

Hi Johnny.Hi the problem is should you let the Firewall block it or allow it,If your computer is working Ok at the moment Just leave it till someone can advise how to shift the continual pop up.I have never used Sygate Firewall but if like most of the others it would ask you to allow or deny access, or did it just deny access automatically.

johnnyrocker 12:44 22 Aug 2007

it is denying automatically and the pop up is just advising that that was the action it took, i have the option to tick do not show again but am reluctant to do this til i know whats what.

johnny.

birdface 14:19 22 Aug 2007

Hi Johnny.Normally someone would have stepped in and given you the proper advice,But i suppose some of them still at work,Better leaving thread open for another day or till you get the advice that you need. best of luck.

johnnyrocker 23:03 22 Aug 2007

cheers and thanks for your input.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?