fIREWALL BLOCKING INTERNET ACCESS

Stressed Mum 09:48 09 Nov 2009

Having sorted (I think) most of the other problems we have had on laptop - actually managed to get back to AVG 8.5 and load office 2007 and sort internet wifi connection out - I now cannot get internet access at all as the firewall is blocking it. If I turn firewall off there is no problem - but a little pointless having AVG if I am not using the firewall. AVG tech help take forever - is there anyone who knows how to help. Thanks. SM :(

birdface 10:04 09 Nov 2009

Sorry i cannot help but had AVG Security suite on trial and I must admit the Firewall put me off completely.
No doubt it is easy to configure it once that you get used to it,But I reverted back to Kerio Firewall which I always found easy to use.
I suppose it is just a matter of getting into the Firewall configuration and see if you can find the problem.
I think the FE uses it.So maybe get a few tips from him.

Stressed Mum 13:10 09 Nov 2009

I have tried all sorts! I have done exactly the same on the other PC's and they are fine - copied all the configurations to show the same on the laptop - but still not working. Perhaps something in the windows firewall configuration? Just not sure where to go from here - if the Forum Executive has a few tips I would be very grateful. Thank you. SM

john bunyan 13:17 09 Nov 2009

Maybe switch to PC Tools free firewall, See here.
click here

Stressed Mum 13:23 09 Nov 2009

Thanks - I have had a look at that with interest - but you know what has just clicked in... the other pc's are fine on AVG 8.5 with no problems with internet access and firewall switched on - but it's just the laptop - I have to switch firewall off for internet access - so is this something to do with wifi connections... bet it is - now I really do need help with that one as I don't have a clue! It must be to do with gateways or something perhaps - I really don't know..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?