Firewall

Electronic_Eric 14:18 19 Jul 2008

Hey,
Im after a free firewall. Can anyone please recommend me one?

Hope to hear a response soon,

Rob

MAT ALAN 14:25 19 Jul 2008

click here

for the home user, all ya need...

VoG II 14:28 19 Jul 2008

How about Zone Alarm click here

birdface 14:53 19 Jul 2008

If you don't want pop ups asking you to accept or deny problems you want Kerio Firewall free.

kidsis 14:57 19 Jul 2008

also consider Comodo. I used to use Kerio and yes it is very good, but did not like me accessing sites with lots of colourful graphics. The pc used to blue screen on occasions citing a file belonging to kerio. As I had paid for it I stuck it for a year then changed to Comodo. But apart from that little glitch Kerio is very good.

Electronic_Eric 15:03 19 Jul 2008

Well i did have zonealarm. But because of all the hassle with the windows update and zonealarm, i dont really wanna install it again.

Electronic_Eric 15:05 19 Jul 2008

Im also after something where the user doesnt need to have much computer knowledge. As i want to install this easy to use firewall on my girlfriends granma laptop.

john bunyan 15:06 19 Jul 2008

I like Commodo.

MAT ALAN 15:10 19 Jul 2008

click here
comodo

click here

kerio (now sunbelt)

try them both see which one suites you best...

birdface 15:47 19 Jul 2008

Like I said Kerio or just use Windows firewall.Kerio Firewall I think you get the full version for a month and it reverts to the free version if you don't want to pay.But as it is for Granma I am sure Windows firewall should do.

FatboySlim71 16:01 19 Jul 2008

I agree with buteman, the Windows Firewall will be more than adequate. I am using Windows Vista firewall at this time and find it excellent.

However you do need to have some anti virus software installed and some anti spyware software.

I find this anti virus software to be the best I have used and very light on system resources.

click here

Anti spyware software, I would recommend using one/both of these.

click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?