firewall

chippy+ 09:25 11 Jul 2007

hi recomendations for firewall thanks Chippy

Trackrat 09:33 11 Jul 2007

Zone alarm (FREE). click here

Comodo free firewall. click here

robbiepaul79 10:06 11 Jul 2007

Yeah agreed those two seem the most popular i use the first yet many swear by the second give them a try and see what you like.

chippy+ 11:46 12 Jul 2007

hi robbiepaul79 and Trackrat have tried both zone alarm seems to slow down startup and performance, comodo i think is very good but i am having not for the first time windows not reconizing it i have tried the fix from comodo forum as regards to ms security center which works untill i reboot i was hoping for views on perhaps outpost or kerio i have a home network with 3 pc connected thanks Chippy

birdface 12:42 12 Jul 2007

If you dont want pop ups wanting you to allow or deny programs, Kerio is the one you want.click here full version for a month,Then reverts to free version if you don't want to pay.

robbiepaul79 13:09 12 Jul 2007

Kerio is also popular choice chippy havent used outpost myself so couldnt comment on that try these out see what works best for yourself.

MeandHer 15:15 12 Jul 2007

I myself would choose Comodo free firewall.
used to have zone alarm free but pc seemed slower
with zone alarm.
Try them both(NOT TOGETHER) and see what you think.

ste76 15:41 12 Jul 2007

windows firewall

johndrew 15:42 12 Jul 2007

I use Kerio Personal click here the full version trial lasts for a month and reverts to the free version by losing some of the features. Up to you if you want to pay for them but the firewall is perfectly good without them.

You could also look here for comparisons of free firewalls click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone