firefox will not display images?

davro 17:25 13 Feb 2005

i have windows xp and awhile ago installed firefox problem now is some images will not display anymore i have to right click on blank image and select veiw image which opens in a sepperate page anyone got any ideas idont think ive changed any settings in firefox thanks.

LeadingMNMs 17:33 13 Feb 2005

Tools > Options > Web Features

Ensure 'Load Images' is ticked.

Stuartli 17:53 13 Feb 2005

Some images will not be loaded unless you click on the Show Images button on the bar above the window for security reasons; similar feature for e-mails in Thunderbird.

davro 20:44 13 Feb 2005

Tools > Options > Web Features

Ensure 'Load Images' is ticked. this option is ticked but still no images it was working a few days ago?

woodchip 20:47 13 Feb 2005

In Firefox go to Edit in Menu Preferences\privacy & Security double click to open and you will see Images check in there to see if it say's show

LeadingMNMs 20:54 13 Feb 2005

After re-reading your post you say that only "some images" fail to load.

Is this related to a specific page / site or the majority ? Are they a certain type of image ? Or maybe controlled by JavaScript for example ?

davro 20:59 13 Feb 2005

woodchip i have firefox version 1.o in edit it hasnt got Preferences\privacy & Security tab? just undo copy paste select all etc any ideas?

davro 21:02 13 Feb 2005

LeadingMNMs Ebay for example cant see images but in internet explorer they show up

LeadingMNMs 21:06 13 Feb 2005

Just a though. Go back to Tools > Options > Web Features, and this time click the 'Exceptions' button. Have any sites, like ebay.co.uk been blocked for example ?

davro 21:21 13 Feb 2005

Tools > Options > Web Features, and this time click the 'Exceptions'under exceptions it says i8.ebaying.com (allow) strange all was well a few days ago?

SEASHANTY 21:57 13 Feb 2005

Also click on Tools - EXTENSIONS - See if you have
enabled FLASHBLOCK to block images. This will replace the image with a symbol which you have to click to get the image to show.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?