Firefox - Vista problems

harpo14 17:47 07 Aug 2008

Hi all,

I have a brand new PC with windows vista. I have never used vista before, so it's taking some getting used to.

I have downloaded firefox and it will not work for me. I get the following error message: Could not initialise the application's security component. The most probable cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard drive is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix the problem. If you continue to use this browser session, you might see incorrect browser behaviour when accessing security features.

If I try to proceed using the programe it crashes and I get the crash report screen.

I have tried un installing and reinstalling. I have tried disabelling the UAC settings. I have tried following the steps on the firefox help site. Every time I have the same problem.

I am convinced it is a conflict with vista, and probably very simple.

Can anyone advise how to rectify this?

Thanks
Susan

Fingees 19:22 07 Aug 2008

I use vista home premium, and have no trouble with Firefox.

I just downloaded to desktop, then right clicked on it,and selected run as administrator.

It installed perfectly.

harpo14 19:25 07 Aug 2008

I have tried that too. Still doesn't work for me. I am convinced that it is to do with vista security settings.

How can I tweek these to make them more user friendly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?