Firefox tabs disappeared again!

hawthorn59 03:13 24 Mar 2008

Yet again, today, when I opened Firefox the tabs I had saved from last time had disappeared, and only a page advertising Dell was there.

Let me explain that I keep numerous tabs open most of the time, and I set it to save them and open them next time I return.

Why does it keep doing this? Every few months or so. Are Firefox not aware of this problem.

Also today I noticed the RSS news feeds link thing had disappeared. I think it was the BBC news one.

Any idea whats happening?

thanks

h

Stuartli 10:09 24 Mar 2008

If you shut your system down without closing any Firefox browser pages, you should get a message on re-booting asking if you wish to Resume the previous session.

If it's only happening "every few months or so", it hardly seems likely that Mozilla will be too concerned...:-)

hawthorn59 14:11 24 Mar 2008

No I close down Firefox, and it is set to save the open tabs, which it normally does.

Stuartli 16:11 24 Mar 2008

I'm somewhat puzzled by "it is set to save the open tabs" comment (unless this is something in Firefox 3 Beta, which I haven't tried yet).

tullie 16:32 24 Mar 2008

I too would be interested how you save open tabs,might be usefull?

anniesboy 16:58 24 Mar 2008

You can open more than one page at start up,
Tools>Options>Main>Current Page or Pages if more than one is open>OK.
Mine is working with no problem

brundle 17:00 24 Mar 2008

Options, Main, When Firefox Starts; select "Show my windows and tabs from last time"

kiaora 17:53 24 Mar 2008

Kia ora, I would suggest the problem is something to do with your version of Firefox.

Any Beta edition is exactly that, it's 'on test' by the public until the final edition is released, in this case for Firefox 3, it's June 08.

Go back to an earlier release until June, I bet that will solve your problem, it works well for me in v2.0.0.12

hawthorn59 03:21 25 Mar 2008

I do not have a beta or version 3 of Firefox! It is exactly as Brundle says, "Show windows and tabs from last time" a very handy feature....when it works. Sorry if I described it badly.

The thing is it works for a few months.... but then suddenly I open Firefox and they're all gone! Then it starts working all over again. More than once i got a Dell page when I opened up...weird.

Maybe Firefox wont care cos its only happening every few months, but now that IE7 has the same feature I may be tempted to move. Something might be triggering the disappearing tabs/pages but I dont know what.

h

Stuartli 10:58 25 Mar 2008

Ah, got it..:-)

I've always had the menu set for my Home page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?