Firefox starts Half Size

jagx400 21:22 08 Mar 2007

For some reason every time I start Firefox it opens half size and I have to click the top right square buttton to restore to full size. anyone know how to make it open full window size

skidzy 21:23 08 Mar 2007

Drag the screen across using your cursor and close with file.
now reopen FF.

jagx400 21:38 08 Mar 2007

Nope no good, I have also noticed that any toolbar buttons I put up, dissapear when I reload firefox, its as though it resets itself everytime it restarts, tried reinstalling but no good

jagx400 21:39 08 Mar 2007

Nope no good, I have also noticed that any toolbar buttons I put up, dissapear when I reload firefox, its as though it resets itself everytime it restarts, tried reinstalling but no good

baldtaco 23:38 08 Mar 2007

In case you didn't know, you'll want to delete this file for the new install to be effective -

C:\Documents and Settings\??your name??\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

In doing that you will lose all your extensions and blah blah.

Tim1964 07:59 09 Mar 2007

Right click the shortcut and select "Properties" then select Run Maximised in the drop down list and OK it.

moorie- 08:01 09 Mar 2007

this happened to me,the fix if i remember correctly

go into firefox safe mode/ check the reset toolbar and settings box /continue to safe mode/ exit/ back into firefox normally
open page to full size before exiting and going back in

rawprawn 09:14 09 Mar 2007

click here This will solve all your sizing problems

jagx400 18:35 09 Mar 2007

Followed baldtaco's advise after uninstall and all ok , But did lose the previous settings and add ons. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?