Firefox - recent problems opening page in new tab

AroundAgain 21:33 06 Jun 2015

I've very recently, ie last few days, been getting either this src or, having opened a new tab, nothing happening when clicking on a bookmark/favourite.

I'm running Firefox 38.0.5. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox just yesterday, to see if this might correct it and, although maybe a bit improved, it's still happening.

Has anybody else experienced this and/or knows what it's due to, plus a solution, please?

As ever, I'll be very grateful for your advice. Thanks

AroundAgain 21:35 06 Jun 2015

Apologies, seems my image doesn't display Can I try this?

href Screenshot

AroundAgain 21:40 06 Jun 2015

Argh! This is giving me a headache!!! :(

Basically, the plain white page says " Object Moved - This document may be found here"

Maybe the image is here - href

rdave13 22:25 06 Jun 2015

Try refreshing Firefox.

rdave13 22:32 06 Jun 2015

Click the menu button and then click help . **From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ... Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.**

From Google.

rdave13 22:33 06 Jun 2015

That posting didn't work well.

AroundAgain 22:49 06 Jun 2015

rdave13

Thanks very much for this advise. I have done what you suggested.

I will have to see how it is over a period of time but I will try to remember to post back the outcome.

Many thanks for your help

rdave13 23:10 06 Jun 2015

After you refresh/reset you should see a folder on your desktop showing "old Firefox data" or similar. Keep it for a while just in case. Though it retains the corrupted data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?