A FireFox puzzlement

jack 09:14 08 Nov 2008

FireFox on my machine seem to have undergone a subtle change of late- the most noticable part being the Bookmarks folder, whereby my previous list has changed to a new configuration- and for me seem not want to work and the original list has gone away.
That answer it seemed to me would be to un-install and revert to the previous installation [system restore not working- as usual]
When I went to Control/uninstall and highlighted the program the notation said ' Version 3.0.03 Last used 29/10.which was about the time of the change.
This is the version that comes up now as I type.
So why is it listed as 'last used' when in fact it is in current use?
So in short do I delete and re install or now and would it make any difference if I did?

Stuartli 09:28 08 Nov 2008

IIRC Version 3.0.3 itself was updated within a day or so due to a security or other issue.

Sea Urchin 09:38 08 Nov 2008

The Add/Remove function is notorious for being quite inaccurate - programs run daily say "Never Used" and vice versa

click here

DippyGirl 10:48 08 Nov 2008

If you want to try and fix before re-installing you may want to look at Lost Bookmarks click here
- several scenarios coverd

Also MozBackup click here can help with backup/restore

jack 15:33 08 Nov 2008

I uninstalled it and profile
Then went to my External HDD where I keep programs of all sorts and re installed an earlier version of FF- and the progressively rebuilt it.
I shall have to watch out for updates that want to make changes I do not like and prevent them loading

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?