Firefox problem?

The Kestrel 14:59 31 Mar 2009

Is anyone else having problems with Firefox since the recent update? When surfing, particularly when having used a Google search, Firefox seems to get into a loop. When trying to change pages, the eggtimer on screen just continually flows and nothing happens. If you close Firefox and try to restart it, a message says Firefox is still running and must be closed or the PC restarted. If you try to restart or shut down the PC nothing happens. The only way to recover is to shut down the PC using the power button on the tower.

iscanut 15:01 31 Mar 2009

Never come across any problems with Firefox, which I have been using for as long as I can remember. Have you tried an uninstall and new install ?

Stuartli 15:02 31 Mar 2009

I had similar problems with 3.0.7 (the first time with Firefox over many years' use), so went back to the previous version.

When 3.0.8 was released a few days ago I installed it and everything is as smooth as silk once more.

brundle 15:03 31 Mar 2009

Firefox standard diagnostics; click here
Remove and re-install is rarely a fix - a clean uninstall is required to clear out the profile.

Rizlo 15:16 31 Mar 2009

Yes, this happens to me too. Next time it happens, go to start, run and type FireFox, and hit enter, this brings the browser back up.

The Kestrel 15:22 31 Mar 2009

Thanks to everyone for your contributions. I have gone for a simple remove and re-install to see if that cures the problem. If not I will take up brundle's suggestion of a clean uninstall to clear out the entire profile before re-installing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?