Firefox Preferred?

provider 2 16:26 07 Mar 2007

I`m thinking it might be a good idea to change over to Firefox but faced with this I`m not so sure. Any comments?click here

Diodorus Siculus 16:42 07 Mar 2007

I use it because I like it - it suits my way of working and browsing.

It's a matter of personal preference; with the advent of IE7, there are fewer difference.

Salamol 16:47 07 Mar 2007

I use them both, sometimes pages don't load up in either one properly for me, so using the other often sorts the problem out. I generally use msn explorer, but really, especially with IE 7 and Firefox, after Microsoft stole the tabbing system, to me (just an average user) they seem very similar.

provider 2 16:49 07 Mar 2007

Diodorus,
There seems to be a lot of almost hysterical feeling both for and against this system.

It was this that surprised me.

Kate B 16:52 07 Mar 2007

As Diodorus Siculus says, it's down to personal choice. I love Firefox for its flexibility and above all for its adblocking extensions. I've never got on with Opera. If you need to view something in IE, there's an extension called IE Tab for Firefox which saves you having to fire up IE separately.

Salamol 16:52 07 Mar 2007

I think there are Microsoft lovers and haters which fuel both sides of the argument, but to me, they seem very similar. There is no harm in trying a new browser, if you don't like it, don't use it again, they don't take up much space.

brundle 16:53 07 Mar 2007

The author has been banned from forums for advertising his `myths` page under his own name, and psuedonyms..just try googling `mastertech firefox myths`.

provider 2 17:05 07 Mar 2007

Certainly goes some way to explain the strength of feeling.

terryf 17:39 07 Mar 2007

I agree with Kate B , my main browser is FF2 but I have IE7 set to open at my local BBC weather forecast for convenience, FF opens at Google

tenplus1 17:41 07 Mar 2007

Look at some of the browsers out their in the free arena and give the main 4 a try:

Mozilla Firefox
Opera (my personal choice)
Avant! browser (front-end for IE)
IE6/7 (not my fav. browser)

then decide which you prefer using and suits your needs...

click here

skidzy 21:24 07 Mar 2007

Firefox for me all the way,though still use IE7 and Opera.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?