Firefox loses saved tabs....YET AGAIN!

hawthorn59 16:46 28 Apr 2008

Honestly I dont know why I persist with Firefox. On numerous occasions in the past Ive closed the browser and ticked the box to save the open tabs for next time and theyve been lost when I reopen. Better clarify, thats not worded well.....I mean that most of the time theyre ok, but at least 10 times in the last year it has happened.

With new laptop and the latest version of Firefox I thought it was a thing of the past until just there now when I opened it up and all saved tabs gone. Even in History|Recently Closed Tabs, its empty (greyed out). Can i report this anywhere to Mozilla or would they even care?

OK, I can go through History and find where I was and open them manually but the whole idea of this feature was to save you this.

I dont really like IE7 either so is there anyone out there who might convert me to Opera!!??

h

GaT7 17:26 28 Apr 2008

Try PermaTabs, click here (Firefox's built-in feature works OK for me btw).

If no joy, try Avant Browser click here (piggybacks on the IE engine, but much better), which has a feature to re-open closed tabs on startup. On startup, it also gives you list of sites to chose from the last time, so you can untick the ones you don't require. I wish Firefox had this feature - may be there's an add-on somewhere! G

rawprawn 17:46 28 Apr 2008

Try creating a new profile, Start> Run > type
firefox -P

hawthorn59 18:04 28 Apr 2008

rawprawn

yes I remember that suggestion before. But the thing is it will work perfectly again for quite a while! Cant understand why its happening; I mean thats almost as bad as losing your favourites, and I never read about that happening.

h

rawprawn 18:34 28 Apr 2008

Have you tried uninstalling, then running a cleaner such as CCleaner. Then reinstalling and going for a new profile straight away. I don't know if it will work, but maybe worth a try.

hawthorn59 03:22 29 Apr 2008

I dont believe it!

its done it again! They're gone this instant as I opened Firefox. I distinctly remember the box was ticked when I closed the browser; its ticked by default. Whats going on?

This is the latest version just downloaded last week.

Aaaghh!

h

anniesboy 07:31 29 Apr 2008

try posting here click here no solution is forthcoming

anniesboy 07:32 29 Apr 2008

should say (if no solution is forthcoming)

GaT7 19:20 29 Apr 2008

Did you try the PermaTabs add-on? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?