Firefox just closes, anyone help please!

gazmix 17:06 05 Sep 2006

Hi, when browsing using Mozilla firefox, today, it has just started to crash, as if i've clicked the 'X' box in the corner!

I'm running a virus check, also spybot & adaware & see waht that comes up with.

I also get the small box saying not responding & has to close!!

Any thoughts please!

Gaz

terryf 17:07 05 Sep 2006

Remove and reload

€dstowe 17:07 05 Sep 2006

Try re-installing Firefox.

gazmix 19:47 05 Sep 2006

Hi
All virus chjecks have shown nothing & now Outlook Express seems to be doing the same & is all running slower???
Confused!!
Gaz

moorie 09:16 06 Sep 2006

hi had this problem on my daughters pc the other nighht,i also tried uninstall reinstall to no avail aswell as running various spyware and avg which didnt detect anything.
what i did was run edwido in safe mode.i then also turned off system restore and re ran ewido,a squared,avg etc.once i had run these i turned back on system restore,this cleared the problem.it turned out to be a trojan+spyware+dialers . hope this helps

gazmix 11:50 06 Sep 2006

i tried Ewido, hijackthis & Kaspersky the other week for a different problem & posted it on malwareremoval.co. & all seemed well. Spybot finds something called cimuz that i have to manually remove as it can't.
I have just done this & up to now ok, i'll post back. Also i've a feeling it's a USB prob with my mouse, as that seems jittery too.
Cheers
Gaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?