Firefox & hotmail

gazmix 13:04 08 Nov 2006

Hi
I seem not to be able to login to hotmail with firefox, i can use messenger & click on mail in messenger, it opens with Internet explorer.

Also when i type click here my saved address has changed to hotmail.co.uk when it's .com
i get this certificate page arriving asking me if i want to use for this session or permanently!
Does anyone know about this
Gaz

GaT7 18:32 08 Nov 2006

Try IE Tab click here. It lets you open an IE tab within FF. G

gazmix 20:26 08 Nov 2006

I tried that, i don't want to use IE, i used to be able to use firefox with hotmail, why can't i now & why has my saved address on hotmail when i sign in changed to .co.uk & not .com, which it is & what it says on messenger!
Gaz

GaT7 20:29 08 Nov 2006

In FF, clear all your cache & the Hotmail cookie(s), then try again. G

gazmix 00:08 09 Nov 2006

Crossbow7
How do i do that??
All was ok 2 days ago this has just happened!!
Gaz

GaT7 00:35 09 Nov 2006

Best way to clear all FF's cache is to set it to clear it automatically on every shutdown:

FF > Tools > Options > Privacy > Private Data. Put a tick in 'Always clear my private data when I close Firefox'. Click the Settings button & put a tick in the Cache box. Press OK. Restart FF.

To clear Hotmail cookie(s) manually:

FF > Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies. Click on the Show Cookies button. Highlight the Hotmail entries & click on Remove Cookie.

G

gazmix 13:29 09 Nov 2006

Crossbow, i cleared all cookies. Not just hotmail, is this ok? if not what are reprocusions?

I can now access hotmail. I wonder what started it?

Can you explain the 'clear cache' what is this?
On Privacy, there is no Private Data tab as you said!
Gaz

Koochy 13:55 09 Nov 2006

It doesn't really matter clearing all cookies it just meens if you had any websites where you had saved a log in or password they won't be there anymore you will just have to type them in again.
It is good practice to clearout all the cookies and temporary internet files once in a while as there could be nasties in there i.e. malware or spyware.

Koochy

GaT7 18:31 09 Nov 2006

"On Privacy, there is no Private Data tab as you said!" - I didn't say it was a tab: click here.

About Internet Cache & clearing it click here (IE link, explains it better). G

gazmix 01:18 10 Nov 2006

Hi
I do regularly clear my temporary internet files, but i'm wondering what setting i should have on my settings & how much disk space to use!, it is set realy low!
On privacy, there's no "private data" saying clear private data when i close firefox"
when i go to wher you say, it don't loo like that in privacy!
gaz

GaT7 16:24 10 Nov 2006

'...i'm wondering what setting i should have on my settings & how much disk space to use!, it is set realy low!' - mine is set to 50Mb only (I say 'only' because I've set IE's cache to a lot more).

'On privacy, there's no "private data" saying clear private data when i close firefox"
when i go to wher you say, it don't loo like that in privacy!'

If it really looks different from the pic link (click here), it may be because you're using the previous FF version - I'm using v2.0. Which version are you on?

If you're using v2.0, my initial instructions (of Thu, [email protected]:35) were quite clear. Just follow them precisely you'll get there. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?