Firefox, 'highlight' visited links, how?

Dorsai 18:21 25 Nov 2004

Using fire fox, is there any way to get it to show visited links in a different colour to unvisited links?

I have tried > tools, options, general, fonts and colours, 'use my colours' check box,

This applied 'my colours' to everything, not just links. So this place ended up a ghastly mess. All i want to do is change the behaviour for links. I don't want to change the colour for anything else.

Any suggestions?

Daibus 18:40 25 Nov 2004

Dorsai

Yes go to: Tools Options General Fonts&Colours and click on visited links. From there you can choose the colour.

Dorsai 19:02 25 Nov 2004

Tried that. Unvisted links set to yellow, visited to black, to provide a contrast, that i could see (and would change if it worked), and all links are blue, visited or not.

If i tick the box, 'use my colours' it works for the links, but also changes the text and background colours, that i would like to leave as the web site sets them.

Dorsai 19:22 26 Nov 2004

it up.

Valvegrid 20:08 26 Nov 2004

Try going to Edit> Preferencies and in the general tab click on the Fonts and Colours radio button, you can change the link colour there.

Valvegrid 20:12 26 Nov 2004

You should see something like this:

click here

Dorsai 08:47 28 Nov 2004

what i have is click here
as you can see my link colours are red and blue, but the links in the 'latest threads' box are a third colour still.

Valvegrid 09:00 28 Nov 2004

I would love to see the picture in your link, unfortunatly when I click on it I get a blank page.

Dorsai 09:19 28 Nov 2004

try click here

I think i posted it in a way not all brousers cal read. Oops.

Valvegrid 09:35 28 Nov 2004

What you've got set up should work fine, the only difference is the background on yours is set to grey and mine's white, I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference. I can't see why its changing everthing else.

I have to go out now, if you've had no answer later, I'll have a play with my set ups when I get back. I'm using Linux O/S so it might react differently to yours.

Stuartli 10:27 28 Nov 2004

The problem is that if you change the colours it /maycan affect sites such as this by hiding, say, grey.

All you get then is the text and no background.

I've tried it and on this website, for instance, only get lines of text...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?