Firefox - This Helproom slight annoyance ...

Technotiger 10:22 09 Feb 2010

XP Home (SP3).... when on the main page in Helproom, the 'busy circle' on the helproom tab is continually turning after pressing F5 to refresh, and after closing a thread, and the green progress bar at bottom-right of window never completes.

Appears to be "Waiting for b.scorcardresearch.com", is there any way to stop this annoyance? I would prefer not to delete all my Cookies in Firefox.

Technotiger 10:56 09 Feb 2010

Hmm, verrrry strange - up to a few minutes ago the annoyance was continuing, now it has stopped completely, with the progress bar completing almost instantly and the PCA logo appearing just as quickly on the tab.

I will wait a while to see if the annoyance returns, hopefully not, then I can Green-tick my little thread.

MAJ 11:03 09 Feb 2010

Most likely a problem with scorcardresearch.com's server, technotiger.

birdface 11:07 09 Feb 2010

Not a lot of help from Google on removing it.
Try running with java script unticked and see if that helps.

click here

Make sure you have the latest Firefox program running.Version 3.6.

Technotiger 11:09 09 Feb 2010

Thanks for your comments Guys.

buteman, yup, have the latest - but as I said seems to have been a 'blip'.

Woolwell 11:11 09 Feb 2010

I get the occasional blip with the ad servers.

Technotiger 11:42 09 Feb 2010

Agreed, but this one had lasted quite some time, anyway gonna tick the thread now - thanks for all input.

TT.

provider 2 11:53 09 Feb 2010

Would this be of any interest to you?

`ghostery`, which claims to detect web bugs and services that are tracking your movements online and allows you to block them: click here

Technotiger 12:02 09 Feb 2010

Thanks ... bookmarked, will look at it later.

Technotiger 12:48 09 Feb 2010

The annoyance re-appeared, so I have used your link program and blocked it. So far so good, will keep checking.

provider 2 13:56 09 Feb 2010

Good. It is of some use, then, which is more than can be said for my spelling (... your name ^, sorry :0(

It is of some concern to see how much stuff is arriving without your knowledge but I don`t suppose it does any real harm except in the sense that it smacks of stealth and deceit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?