Firefox help required

Jak_1 14:02 24 Sep 2007

In firefox when I rt click in a pic to save it firefox treats this as a new download rather than a simple save and will not let me do anything else until the 'Downloads complete' popup has been and gone. This popup is slow to appears and just as slow to dissapear. I'm using version 2.0.0.7. I can see knowhere in tools to dissable this infernal popup. If I dissable notifications of downloads in control panel then that stope IE's notification which is far less intrusive. I have the 'show downloads window' option unchecked in tool > options.
Any help would be appreciated.

EARLR 14:11 24 Sep 2007

Can´t you just minimise it.

Jak_1 14:18 24 Sep 2007

Nope, it slides up and down in the botton right hand corner of the screen but, whilst it's there you can't do anything else. It has no means of being minimised.

Jak_1 14:27 24 Sep 2007

it is unticked.
IE is far simpler for saving pics, you don't get the downloads complete popup, only for saving vids/ files etc (yes I know a pic is a file). I find firefox better than IE in all respects barring this one.

bretsky 17:12 24 Sep 2007

I use this little ad-on click here which when clicked tells me everything I need to know about the saving file, and untick 'show the downloads window when downloading a file'.

bretsky ;0)

Jak_1 20:07 24 Sep 2007

I shall give that a try.

Jak_1 20:14 24 Sep 2007

That works better ,
quicker and is less intrusive, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?