Firefox help and info required

golfpro 08:42 26 Jul 2005

I have two questions regarding Firefox.

1. Has anyone downloaded and used the "No Script" extension and has it caused any problems?

2. In IE tools>options there is a place to alter the settings for Temp Internet files, how do I find this in Firefox.

Gongoozler 09:44 26 Jul 2005

I can't help on no.1, but for no.2, Tools - Options - Privacy - Cache, click on the + and set the number of KB disk space to use for cache.

golfpro 10:28 26 Jul 2005

I've seen that, but its not quite what I'm after.
In IE settings there is an option to "Check for newer versions of stored pages" in this I have chosen "every visit to the page" which enables song titles and artists names to be displayed in a music program I run. I need to find this in F/F.

SEASHANTY 11:37 26 Jul 2005

According to google its listed on here
click here
Regarding the No Script extension I have removed this - its too much hassle giving options to selected pages.

Stuartli 11:43 26 Jul 2005
  Stuartli 11:45 26 Jul 2005

Oops...:-)

Only just logged on...

Stuartli 11:47 26 Jul 2005

Several other great Tweak guides from the same website and its remarkable author.

dagwoood 14:15 26 Jul 2005

golfpro, to get Firefox to check the page every time you visit it, type about:config in the address bar. In the filter box type browser.cache.

In the area below the filter box you will see an entry called browser.cache.check_doc_frequency. Double click on this and change the value to 1, then click on OK.

Close Firefox and when you reopen it, the new setting will have taken effect.

golfpro 14:51 26 Jul 2005

Thanks all, the tweak page is great, but for some unknown reason the scrolling is back working again, (the web site BTW for all you country music fans is 3C.) click here
Have fun

Stuartli 15:48 26 Jul 2005

I use Firefox and I've just tried using WMP on the 3C website link (3C, of course, is also broadcast on Freeview) and the song title scrolling changes with each new track.

I've made no configuration changes whatsoever in Firefox (apart from using Finetune for Firefox recently) to achieve this result.

However, pleased it's working again for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires