Firefox getting slow

grumpy-git 15:33 01 Nov 2009

I always automatically update when new versions come out & clear cache regularly, but just recently have notice that not all thumbnail images load on my gallery pages.

Thought it was because I had changed to a "cheaper" host and the data was not downloading quick enough, even though I have broadband.

Just had the bright idea to try the same pages using IE and everything works perfectly!

Anyway, getting back to missing thumbnail images, the page appears to be still loading with most of the images there, then it comes up "Done", but occasionally there will be one or more thumbnail images missing, with just the file name being displayed where the image should be.

Don't think I have any unusual settings or add-ons for Firefox.

Any ideas on this??

g-g

woodchip 19:07 01 Nov 2009

hy not save Favorits the Uninstall Firefox Remove folder after removing from Add Remove Programs. Then Reinstall Using a fresh Download of firefox

woodchip 19:09 01 Nov 2009

PS import Favorites after

grumpy-git 19:27 01 Nov 2009

Might give it a try. One thing though, it is slow on both the laptop & desktop computer.

Have been searching the internet, tried Firefox in safe mode, but still slow.

As an example, IE loads a page with 20 thumbnails within 2 seconds, but Firefox is still struggling after about 6 seconds & then gives up & says "Done" with maybe a thumbnail or more not showing. Same on bot computers.

g-g

Bob The Blob 19:43 01 Nov 2009

How many addons are you using in Firefox?
Also try rebooting your modem.

Bob The Blob 19:43 01 Nov 2009

How many addons are you using in Firefox?
Also try rebooting your modem.

grumpy-git 19:50 01 Nov 2009

Only 6 addons listed. Never really used them

Just to say created a new profile on desktop pc and copied across bookmarks, and it now runs as fast as IE.

So, don't know what the cause of the slowing down was, but have got the "speed" back again.

I'll mark as resolved, but don't really know the cause of the problem

woodchip 20:19 01 Nov 2009

I use Flock and that uses Firefox Engine. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?