Firefox error on Jobcentre website

BBez 18:12 03 Sep 2005

Hi all, hope someone can help...

i use firefox as my primary browser but when i hit the jobcentre's site search page click here in firefox, all the job groups are missing from the form lists, i use iE to access it and it's fine...

don't think it's a java error as i enabled java in Firefox and other java sites work fine...

any help, tia...

Diodorus Siculus 18:13 03 Sep 2005

It doesn't work for anyone as far as I know - I remember this coming up before and not being resolved.

VoG II 18:14 03 Sep 2005

Its the same for me in Firefox.

mattyc_92 18:15 03 Sep 2005

This is what I get.... click here

octal 19:05 03 Sep 2005

It works in Opera. But it doesn't work in firefox, Epiphany or Konqueror, or any Mozilla product come to that.

ashdav 19:39 03 Sep 2005

UK gov sites do not use the correct protocols to be accessed by Mozilla/Netscape correctly. It's their fault they are behind the times.

djbenny 19:42 03 Sep 2005

some sites are not tested in different browsers other than IE but they should be now as more and
more people are moving different browsers i have had problems accessing different sites with my firefox like a text input box not appearing

interzone55 20:53 03 Sep 2005

The simplest way to view these offending web sites is to install the IE View extension click here
This allows you to right click a link and open it in Internet Explorer, essential if you want to view the Odeon's website properly

octal 21:07 03 Sep 2005

Thanks for that, bit of a problem this end, no IE on Linux :-)

octal 21:11 03 Sep 2005

Not strictly true, I have got IE in my fake Windows folder but I don't use it because I got a spyware programme visiting only one site!

BBez 21:08 05 Sep 2005

thanks to all for the effort and feedback, at least i know it's not my setup, alan14, tnx, a simple but effective workaround for me...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?