firefox encrypting

smudg 19:59 02 Apr 2005

i canot enter encrypted sites with firefox but i can with I/E pleas help with settings

octal 20:29 02 Apr 2005

I'm not sure on this, your firewall can't be blocking it because you're using IE and can get it the site.

Open Firefox and type about:config in the address bar then scroll down to security, the ones you are looking for are Security ssl2 and Security ssl3, you sould see this: click here look at the end of each line were it says True or False, if any are showing different to the example, right mouse click on the line and Toggle between True or False.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

smudg 09:36 03 Apr 2005

hy octal
no sucess with cofig . i also got Error establishing a encrypted connection error code -8075

octal 16:32 03 Apr 2005

I've been doing a bit of research for you to see if I could find a similar instance of that error code, nothing doing though. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to put your query to the guys/girls in MozillaZine and see if they've got any answers click here

Sorry I can't be more help, but no one else has come back to you on anything either. If you do get an answer on MozillaZine I would be interested on knowing what the trouble is.

octal 16:46 03 Apr 2005

Just one thought, I wonder if your profile for Firefox is corrupted somehow. This link will explain how to create on new profile click here bear in mind, by creating a new profile you will have to reinstall any extensions you've added. Talking of extensions, you haven't inadvertently added the site to Adblock extension if you've installed it have you? Its easily done.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll post back.

smudg 00:11 04 Apr 2005

i think firefox was corrupted so i uninstalled firefox and then reinstalled and get a 405method not allowed

octal 06:35 04 Apr 2005

Deleting and reinstalling Firefox doesn't get rid of your Profile. If you delete Firefox, then using the the link I gave delete the Profile folder, then reinstall Firefox again. It will give a clean install and create a new Profile folder as well.

I take it that 405 error is when you're trying to access secure servers or https? I'll see if I can find out a bit more about that when I get home later.

smudg 18:27 04 Apr 2005

sorry i shuold have made it more clear you ar correct it is wen i try to enter a secure server

octal 19:11 04 Apr 2005

I've just been reading my musings, I mentioned the Firewall, you have checked that you have allowed the Firewall to give Firefox access?

smudg 19:59 04 Apr 2005

i uninstalled firefox and my profile folder everything o/k thanks

octal 20:01 04 Apr 2005

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback, happy surfing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?