Firefox Display

Genius1 19:41 26 Apr 2006

I use Wanadoo's Internet based free email (in addition to the one I got with my broadband account). In the latest version of Firefox, when writing emails there are no options to change the font, size, colour etc., whereas in the latest version of Internet Explorer (including IE7 Beta 2) this facility is available. Is there an option within Firefox to change this - does anyone know why this happens? It's very frustrating! Thanks for your help in advance...

Stuartli 20:05 26 Apr 2006

Tools>Options>Contents tab

Genius1 10:28 27 Apr 2006

What should I do under the Contents tab?

Fingees 10:36 27 Apr 2006

As Genius 1 said, if you open firefox browser.
select tools /options/contents.

at the lower part of the drop down content menu are the choice for fonts and sizes.

Genius1 13:02 27 Apr 2006

Thanks for the response, I will try this when I get home and have Firefox to use. Do I have to do this each time I write an email and want to change the text formatting? In IE Wanadoo's own options for text formatting appear as part of the webpage.

Genius1 18:08 27 Apr 2006

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunatley this has no affect on what I'm typing.

Skills 18:31 27 Apr 2006

The web based email system probably uses an active X control. As active X is a IE thing only then you'll need to use IE to use those features

Genius1 12:54 28 Apr 2006

Thanks Skills, I'll just have to switch between the two browsers then.

Stuartli 13:39 28 Apr 2006

From the Mozilla plug-ins website:

"There is an ActiveX plugin available for Mozilla. However, installing it can cause many problems, including crashes and conflicts with installed plugins. It is generally recommended that you do not install this plugin, unless you are specifically instructed to do so or are using it to solve a specific problem (and configuring it accordingly). If you install it and have problems, the only support you will usually get is "Uninstall the ActiveX plugin". You have been warned."

Apparently by default it is configured to work only with the Windows Media Player ActiveX control.

See:

click here

Genius1 18:25 29 Apr 2006

Thanks Stuartli, I may try this but it does sound a bit risky and switching between the browsers isn't a great hassle for me (although obviously I'd prefer it to work in Firefox without any modification!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?