Is Firefox crashing for you on PCA?

LastChip 11:00 22 Apr 2017
Answered

Is anyone else finding certain scripts on PCA are crashing Firefox?

I need to narrow this down as I'm now not certain whether it's my machine or it's a more general problem.

The issue is, it only ever happens when I'm on on PCA.

caccy 11:06 22 Apr 2017

OK for me using the 64 bit version which is Waterfox.

Govan1x 11:21 22 Apr 2017
Answer

Think it was the other way round PCA was having problems. Anyhow it was one or the other.

I/E 11 crashes for me most days.

Have you got the latest version 33.0

LastChip 23:11 22 Apr 2017

Thanks guy's I'll look into it further. It maybe the Adobe Flashplugin that's causing the problem.

Govan1x, I'm on Linux and using version 52.0.2 - 64 bit.

LastChip 23:14 22 Apr 2017

Thanks guy's I'll look into it further. It maybe the Adobe Flash plugin that's causing the problem.

Govan1x, I'm on Linux and using version 52.0.2 - 64 bit.

LastChip 23:16 22 Apr 2017

See what I mean - the above double post is due to a crash where I thought I hadn't posted!

Govan1x 09:47 23 Apr 2017

I got 2 warnings yesterday that PC Advisor was not responding using Firefox but it sorted itself out and was resolved almost immediately.

You no longer get Flash player in add ons anymore with Firefox so sometimes I cannot get videos to play. Not that worried about that as I very seldom look at Videos.

So like you say could be a Flash problem.

MJS WARLORD 14:28 24 Apr 2017

i had to stop using firefox to use pca because every "click here for answer link" to me to a skimlinks site...

in the last couple of days when using google chrome on pca , the pca logo in top left , the page refresh circle and the mouse pointer all randomly flash , i dont have this problem on any other site.

i now use EDGE for pca without a problem.

Govan1x 16:31 24 Apr 2017

MJS WARLORD

Well Microsoft will be pleased that at least one customer uses edge. All you had to do was use an add blocker or maybe even Spywareblaster to remove skimlinks.

Forum Editor 17:14 24 Apr 2017

Govan1x

"Well Microsoft will be pleased that at least one customer uses edge."

Make that two customers. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Chrome Fan, but Edge has been tweaked somewhat, and I thought I should give it a fair trial. It's pretty fast, and it seems to be behaving itself so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)