Firefox crashes and processor use

cactusjack 13:27 05 Nov 2006

Hello,

I am having problems operating Firefox 2.0.

Sometimes, it will crash and the only way to close it is by hitting Ctrl, Alt and Del and manually closing the open programs.

Also, when it crashes, my CPU usage goes to 100%.

This seems to be happening more and more often now. A few months ago, it was never a problem.

Since updating Firefox over the last 6 months, something has happened. I am reluctant to go back to earlier versions of Firefox due to the security updates in the latest versions. I am also reluctant to install IE7. So for now, I am forced to use a mixture of IE and Firefox.

Has anyone else suffered from these problems? Could it be memory leaks that are causing the issue?

I look forward to any replies,

Thank you.

Probabilitydrive 13:52 05 Nov 2006

Hi,
I am encountering the same problem-finally (for the time being) I admitted defeat. Not before I explored every avenue at
click here (look for "strange stalling issues in FF 2.0")

click here for a comprehensive info on trouble shooting FF.

cactusjack 11:17 18 Nov 2006

My firefox problem is as worse as ever. I could roll back to an earlier version, but will not take the risk due to missing security features.

Am thinking of Opera - is Opera very safe to use and stable? - and can it coexist with IE and Firefox installed and not clash?

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?