Firefox- Click on link, no scroll facility?

spuds 18:57 22 Oct 2009

Reformated the computer over the weekend with XP Home, and re-installed Firefox. Problem I seem to be having, is when opening a new page via a link, the page covers full screen with no toolbars etc, which I am unable to use correctly or scroll.

Any advice as to resolving the problem.

Technotiger 19:08 22 Oct 2009

If you have a Scroll Wheel on your mouse with Button capabilities, Press the Scroll Wheel just as you would a Button - a small Star in a Circle should appear, then when you move your mouse up or down over, that your page should scroll.

Technotiger 19:09 22 Oct 2009

PS - if you can do the above, press the Scroll Wheel again to make it disappear, or simple close that link.

spuds 19:52 22 Oct 2009

Simple when you know how, because I never thought of that. Seems to works fine.

Thanks for the prompt rersponse and remedy. Much appreciated.

Technotiger 19:55 22 Oct 2009

You're welcome.

Cheers.

Stuartli 21:15 22 Oct 2009

>>the page covers full screen with no toolbars etc, which I am unable to use correctly or scroll.>>

Try pressing F11, which toggles between a full screen and with the Tool and Task bars. It also applies to IE.

Technotiger 21:21 22 Oct 2009

Hi, F11 has no effect on such pages (other than making then larger or smaller) - i.e. those that appear with no Scroll bars.

Technotiger 21:35 22 Oct 2009

As a matter of interest, have a look at my link in this thread ... check out the 'no scroll-bar' options as above!

click here

Technotiger 21:40 22 Oct 2009

Ooops, my mistook - strange, when I clicked on said link the first time, it did not have a scroll-bar, but subsequent clicks, show it with a scroll-bar!

Ah well, I am sure you will come across a link within the forum which has no scroll-bar - I have seen several similar.

Stuartli 00:42 23 Oct 2009

No, never come across a link within the forum which doesn't have a scroll bar, no matter how many times I hit Ctrl and +.

As I stated, F11 toggles between with and without the Tool and Task bars. The scroll bar is not affected.

spuds 00:53 23 Oct 2009

Perhaps worth mentioning, but at the same time I was experiencing 'Ad blocked' problems with part page missing (blanked out!). This was down to Sunbelt firewall, and corrected by adding the 'open' website to the list of 'approved'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?