Firefox adress bar question..help please

bof:) 21:02 23 Apr 2008

Hi all, I've downloade the Mozilla Firefox 3 beta 5 version of Firefox to try out but am unable to clear my list of sites visited that comes down from the address bar.

Each page address I've visited has a golden star on the right hand side of it.

I've tried setiing to clear personal data at shut down of Firefox but this has not worked, could someone please tell me how to get rid of this long list of pages visited?

many thanks,

Mike

csqwared 21:25 23 Apr 2008

I not you have set "Always clear my private data....." but did you also go int the "Settings" option in that window, the option you require may still be unset. Sorry if that's teaching grandma.

cc ;-))

Technotiger 21:29 23 Apr 2008

Go to Tools>Options>Privacy on mine I have all the first three boxes ticked and the number of Days set at 3.

If you set your number of days at 0 (zero) perhaps this will clear your drop-down list.

Technotiger 21:30 23 Apr 2008

PS - I am using FF Version 2.0.0.4

Technotiger 21:31 23 Apr 2008

Oops, that should have been Version 2.0.0.14

brundle 21:54 23 Apr 2008

Type about:config into the address bar, scroll to browser.urlbar.richResults and set it to 0.

bof:) 22:07 23 Apr 2008

Hi all, thnakyou everyone, I tried every suggestion one at a time, brundles was the one that worked although I'm not sure why?

I still have the star at the end of the current web address but its now white (clear). The drop down list I had of every site I used has now disappeared.

Many thanks everyone,

Mike

Technotiger 22:12 23 Apr 2008

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

DieSse 00:02 24 Apr 2008

FF3 is quite different to FF2 in it's address bar and new facilities on the address bar.

If you set richResults to zero, you have permanently lost the rich results feature - if that's what you want.

Technotiger 06:40 24 Apr 2008

Hi Friend, many thanks for that additional information - added to my personal knowledge bank!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?