Firefox 2 Release Candidate 3 (RC 3)

skidzy 23:05 19 Oct 2006

Has anyone tried and tested this version yet,im a little sceptical of Beta and RC versions of programs.

All advice welcome.

hkvic 23:18 19 Oct 2006

I'm using it at the moment with no problems at all. Seems a bit quicker too.

skidzy 23:21 19 Oct 2006

Thanks for the input hkvic,will see how this thread goes and consider using it if the news is good.Got to admit,i like FF a lot better than IE.

Thanks again

Stuartli 23:57 19 Oct 2006

I would suspect that the final version will be released any day now - October was the intended period for the release all along.

skidzy 00:23 20 Oct 2006

Cheers Stu,might just give it a go over the weekend if the final version isnt released.

Thanks for the reply.

hkvic 11:38 21 Oct 2006

You could always run this version as well as your current one by following the instructions click here

I often do this until I'm sure that the new one works with no problems.

skidzy 23:26 30 Oct 2006

Ok,i have been using FF 2.0 since the weekend,to be honest im not that impressed.
It seems slower,no Prefbar just yet and when first installed...the desktop icon had duplicated itself.
Now everything working ok,just a little slow compared to the previous version 1.5

The prefbar was a handy tool for quick enabling or disabling of the javascript and flash,now i have to go throught he tools menu just to untick the javascript and flash.Im sure a new prefbar will come along soon,but not soon enough im afraid.

No Fasterfox either,although there is an untested version floating around the net.

Although Firetune seems to help a little bit.

Will tick resolved,and hope FF 2 gets a bit better.

Diodorus Siculus 23:28 30 Oct 2006

I used an earlier version 2 but until the extensions are sorted out, I'm sticking with version 1.

skidzy 23:32 30 Oct 2006

Got to admit Dio,if i can find the 1.5 version again,i will revert back to that for a while.At least i get my toys back :-) and a good firefox !

Diodorus Siculus 23:34 30 Oct 2006

Mozilla Firefox at OldVersion.com
click here

skidzy 23:47 30 Oct 2006

Just tinkering with Opera 9.02 not the beta build,blimey how much quicker than FF2 is this !

Cheers Dio for the link,going to play with Opera for a bit and see how this goes.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone