firefox

herc182 18:22 19 Nov 2004

dear all,

i installed firefox on mygirlfriends laptop. when it loads up she gets a tab for a single window and has an extra heading at the top which says "tab" (in addition to the normal "file, edit, view etc...).

the problem is i dont have it and i want it.

i have the extension "quicktabpreftoggle" installed but this doesnt seem to do the trick. anyone know how to get it?

thanks

VoG II 18:27 19 Nov 2004

View/Toobars/Customize. You can then add buttons for New Tab and New Window.

wawadave 18:28 19 Nov 2004

i don,t have it ether sounds like she added an extention check out click here
and see if they have an extention that adds that.

wawadave 18:33 19 Nov 2004

vog you were corect!! i as thinking of an extention
that did simaler. :(

herc182 18:58 19 Nov 2004

that still doesnt do it. there is an extra HEADING where you can chose to save the current tab configuration (ie if you have 4 tabs open and want them to open the next time you startup), load a previous one, lock a tab, change the colour of the tab... etc.

Dorsai 19:20 19 Nov 2004

When firefox opens, there are no tabs, just the one window. You just add more tabs as you want. I just added 20, and it has slowed the PC down a wee tad, but it is still runnng.

To add the extra icon that will easly let you add more tabs, right click over the icons in the tool bar, out of the small menu that opens, left click on customise, and a window with various icons should open. One of them will be 'new tab' just left click on it, and drag it onto the tool bar, and drop it where you want it to go.

herc182 19:23 19 Nov 2004

thank you.

however, there is an option on my girlfriends firefox that allows you to save the current tabs so that you can load them again at a later date (under the main menu toolbar called "tab").

i cant find the extension. anyone know where it is?

Dorsai 19:25 19 Nov 2004

Are you both using the same version? I cant find the option you mention. I have version 1 pre release.

Does your Girlfriend have version 1, and you version 1 pre release?

herc182 19:47 19 Nov 2004

no i have version 1 as does she. i found it now!

click here
for a comprehensive set of extensions

and

click here

for the one i was asking about!

enjoy

wawadave 20:14 19 Nov 2004

i d/led it looks usefull!! thx

Daxsimus 20:52 19 Nov 2004

If you open the pages you want in the tabs then go to tools/options/general and click use current pages. Then everytime you open the browser your favourite pages are loaded too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?