Fire fox

March Wind 00:24 25 Feb 2011

I would like to download FireFox. I have done it but I keeps going round in cycles because it keeps asking me do I want to save it or run. I must have downloaded it many times, now I have installed it along with my bookmarks to start afresh. Which one should I down load as there are a few links to click on? I did see 2011, now when I click on the down loads I cannot see it and I do not want to keep down loading. Once I beleave I have saved it and run it should I ignore when it keeps asking me do I want to save or down load?

ashdav 01:08 25 Feb 2011

Download from Mozilla click here
When IE asks if you want to save or run choose run.
You will then have a shortcut on the desktop to start Firefox.
Doubleclick on this and follow the prompts.
This is first run setup and you will not be asked again.

lotvic 01:08 25 Feb 2011

For the English (British) Firefox

Go to the Mozilla website click here and click on the Download Firefox button.

- When the download window appears, choose to Run the program.

- When it's finished downloading, the installer will start. Read the license agreement and check (tick) the 'I agree' box before clicking Next.

- Click on Next again, and then click on Install. The installation process will start.

- Click on the Finish button when it appears and Firefox will start, offering to bring over your Internet Explorer bookmarks and some preferences.

ashdav 01:10 25 Feb 2011

Are you trying to run Firefox within IE?
Just reread your post and think this is what you're trying to do.
Firefox is a program on it's own and does not run in IE.

March Wind 13:40 25 Feb 2011

I have now clicked on Remember History also Show my Windows and Tabs.

Is this the only way I can open up Firefox and still see my Favorites i.e PC Adviser, emails and MSN home page. Looks as if I cannot have (Never remember history) and keep my tabs open. I'm I correct?. If so The end. Thank you.

lotvic 13:54 25 Feb 2011

Just to save us all confusion, please can you confirm if (as I suspect) your other PCA name is 'spring board'?

March Wind 14:17 25 Feb 2011

Yes, Spring board was my first name but I am now only going to use March Winds because I can use this when away from home and receive email on my laptop from PCA. If I keep to spring board I will not receive emails as this is not a hot mail address. I would have preferred this as I have lots of old posts under this name.

One good thing about March Winds. You know when my birthday is so I expect to receive birthday wishes;-)

Sea Urchin 15:08 25 Feb 2011

Why not change the email address in your PCA Profile?

March Wind 16:36 25 Feb 2011

If I changed my email address I think I would lose all my posts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone