Fingerprint Reader

iconoclast 12:15 06 Oct 2006

I have a MS DigitalPersona Password Manager (fingerprint reader). I wanted to get rid of it, so I have now removed the program. However, when I log on to Windows, it still asks for a fingerprint (even although the fingerprint reader is no longer active). If I try to enter the password manually, it doesn't work, so I am effectively locked out of my PC...and ideas?

vinnyT 14:45 06 Oct 2006

Try;
-start -run -msconfig -startup tab if the prog is listed, untick -click ok/close (you will prob have to restart pc to allow the changes).

Hope this helps.

iconoclast 14:58 06 Oct 2006

Thanks vinnyT, I cannot get past the XP log on screen, so no prospect of doing what you suggest

James. 15:03 06 Oct 2006

Have you considered trying this click here

vinnyT 15:07 06 Oct 2006

Safe mode, when you're pc is booting, keep pressing the F8 key. This should get you to a menu, at the top(?) is 'safe mode' select this. This by-passes the normal startup routine, xp will be pared down and the fingerprint prog should not be loaded, but you can still carry out the steps in my 1st post.

Hope this helps.

I'm logging off now, but if you still need help, I'm sure the others will step in.

iconoclast 15:19 06 Oct 2006

vinnyT and James, thanks...will have a bash

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?