FinePrint sizing?

Diemmess 17:49 20 Sep 2010

I must have a screw loose.
Bought this app, used it once, now want to use it to print 4 jpg files on one A4
Five sheets to the album.

How do I size/shuffle the prints to a fit?
At present all I can manage is the centre part of each filling the available space!

grey george 20:41 20 Sep 2010

In most DTP programmes you select the image which brings up handles on the edge of the image. You can then stretch or shrink the image. The best software has an option to keep the aspect ratio the same, otherwise the image appears distorted. You should then be able to drag and drop them in the position you wish.

Diemmess 21:32 20 Sep 2010

Thanks, I've long been able to size and position a picture with Corel Photopaint. That method is accurate, versatile, and very slow.

In this case I wanted to make the best of a sheet of paper with four pictures on each sheet.

FinePrint will do all sorts, but time was pressing and I used Picasa.

I have still to learn how to prepare a multipaged document from a variety of types - text, pictorial, and vectored.
I did it once and must try harder now!

grey george 21:57 20 Sep 2010

If you have photo paint do you have Coral draw? I know you have to import the images but it will do it. In Picasa you could select the 4 images you require then from the tool bar choose create and select collage. Straighten the images and select grid arrange pictures in to regular rows and columns. Also set page to A4. You would then need to save the collage and then print it. I think this is more long winded than using Coral. For multi page docs. a full DTP programme makes it a lot easier.

Simsy 23:35 20 Sep 2010

You don't /can't use Fineprint to adjust the content of the pages you want to print...

but you can use it to rescale the pages to print 4 pages on one sheet.

With apologies if that doesn't help!

Regards,

Simsy

Diemmess 09:08 21 Sep 2010

Thanks a lot for the method (with FinePrint).
As I said I knew it could be done but couldn't remember or find the method when most needed!

The prints had to be done yesterday so against the clock I fumbled my way through Picasa, but FP is capable of more than that which is why I posted this thread.

I will leave this unticked until I have proved I can do it. Today has so many other things I have to do first.

Again, thanks for the help.

Diemmess 11:52 26 Sep 2010

Have found time to try it this am. It didn't help to have broadband collapse in this village for 6 days last week (meddling/upgrading) our mini exchange

The method was a snip when I ceased fretting. in fact blindingly obvious.
Many thanks, your last post made things easy.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?