Finding my drivers

Will 19:58 24 Feb 2005

I have just installed a new HDD and partitioned it and all the rest. I want this new HDD (120gig) to replace the 2 I have in place (6 and 20Gig), I have managed to install XP and was ready to install all the drivers and updates but am haveing trouble getting an internet link. I have broadband with a motorola surfbaod cable modem. I tried all the usual, instalation disks etc and notice when I look at it in the install hardware it shows a big question mark against the modem which I think means confliction. I have put the 6 gig back in and put the 120 to slave and obviously it is working. Is there a way of listing the drivers on your system?

ICF 20:00 24 Feb 2005

Why don't you download the drivers from the motorola website and put them on a CD.

Totally-braindead 20:01 24 Feb 2005

I presume that after you installed XP on your new hard drive you then installed the motherbaord drivers? Or is it these you want to find to install?

ICF 20:05 24 Feb 2005

What type of hard drive is it some manufactures have a utility to install a new drive.
For example Maxtor

click here

Will 20:26 24 Feb 2005

I had just the virgin 120 gig HDD with XP loaded, my next step was wanting to get on the net to download drivers and upgrades. I can't get onto the net because the xp/new HDD instalation will not install the modem?

Totally-braindead 20:31 24 Feb 2005

Its possible that the USB needs the motherboard drivers in order to install the modem which I presume is USB as well. If you don't have the motherboard driver disk and you still have XP on the other drive then I suggest you connect the old drive up again as master until you can download at least the motherboard drivers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:03 24 Feb 2005

Device manager -right click modem -properties -drivertab -driver details.

will list the files required for the modem

or click here will back up all your drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie