Finding that missing page

jack 18:07 29 Nov 2010

Whilst in the throws of setting up a new ISP and the answers and questions pages were flowing nicely up to the point where my new E-mail address that they invented for me- when I was interrupted before I could save the page[or write down the address]
When I had returned the page had gone.
So is it possible to track that page down by what what?
For example would a cookie exist that would take me back to that page- Or will I have to go through hoops of phone calls or mails to customer serve[on my existing E-mail address?] I am waiting for a MAC to complete the process
Any ideas?

Forum Editor 18:23 29 Nov 2010

that's not its job.

The page in question will have been generated during a secure session, and you can't get back to it once it's been closed. You'll have to contact the new ISP, although usually you'll get a confirmation email with details of your email address - has that not happened?

birdface 18:51 29 Nov 2010

I don't suppose it could be on the dropdown bar where you type the web addresses.
A bit of a long shot but you never know.

jack 20:14 29 Nov 2010

Not yet
I guess when the MAC code becomes available and I pass it on all will be resolved- time enough yet for that to happen-indeed after this post the new ISP phaned to inquire and left me with direct line number and a reference.
So sit and wait- it is all a month and a half away before cut off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?