finding IP adresses / Zone Alarm

millsie 22:11 29 Aug 2006

I have just installed Zone Alarm firewall but am not now able to file share over wireless network. When I click on a shared folder access is not allowed. File sharing was working before I uninstalled Mcafee Security Centre (as introductory free period about to end). It seems I need to add my networked PC and Laptop to the trusted Zone in Zone Alarm but for this I need the IP addresses of each computer. I have tried running command/ipconfig /all but cannot not see IP addresses.

Advice would be really appreciated re finding ip adresses or any other solution for configuring zone alarm to enable file sharing. Thanks very much.

VoG II 22:17 29 Aug 2006

You should not have more than one of these programs operating. Uninstall McAfee and try again.

millsie 22:23 29 Aug 2006

Thanks but did uninstall Mcafee before installing Zone Alarm

skidzy 22:27 29 Aug 2006

Are you using a router...what model please

millsie 22:33 29 Aug 2006

Hi Skidzy, Its a 3 com office connect ADSL wireless router

Thanks

skidzy 22:53 29 Aug 2006

Millsie..Here is the configuration tutorial for a linksy router,now im not sure if the settings will be the same for you,im guessing very similar.click here i will try and find the 3com tutorial for you.

skidzy 22:56 29 Aug 2006

click here
Hope this helps

millsie 23:24 29 Aug 2006

Thanks Skidzy, I will have a look at the 3 com guide tomorrow - but I dont think its a router issue. I have just tried turnin off Zone Alarm and have been able to file share as before installing it.

i am pretty sure that what i need is my computer IP addressed to enter in to zone alarm trusted zones so if anyone can tell me how that would be great. As I said before i have looked up ipconfig

thanks

skidzy 23:37 29 Aug 2006

Someone will advise you soon im sure,if not tomorrow night i will be at the other pc that has Zonealarm on and all being well can advise what needs to be done.

You could try this

Start/Control Panel/Network and internet connections/Setup or change your home or network/..Follow the prompts.

woodchip 23:41 29 Aug 2006

You will get the settings out of the router

Stuartli 23:42 29 Aug 2006

My ADSL modem router IP is listed in ZA's Firewall>Zones tab as:

192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?