Finding a 'home' for an old computer!

capnsofa 22:04 17 Oct 2006

I have a 'Tiny' computer system, comprising a 17" monitor, tower, Lexmark printer and scanner.
It is about 6 years old, but still works well and has an O/S Windows 98.
I now have a lap top and wish to dispose of the old machine, but am loathe to take it to the local dump as I am sure it would be useful to, perhaps, someone new to computers.
I am happy to give it away, or accept a payment which I would send to a charity.
Have you any ideas of any organisation which might be interested in taking this equipment off my hands?

[email protected] 22:19 17 Oct 2006

hi any charity shops will collect it for you, and sell it for good causes, ones taking my snooker table away, 1 less job for me and a good deed for the day!

cowboy62 23:38 17 Oct 2006

you could always sell it in ur local newspaper and sent the cash to your faviorte charity

NoIdea21 23:56 17 Oct 2006

Why not try click here

NoIdea21 00:02 18 Oct 2006

Sorry bad link
Should be click here

Tugwilson 11:22 18 Oct 2006

Shame you dont live here in Egypt.I can think of a hundred schools that would love it.

TOPCAT® 18:59 18 Oct 2006

Make sure there's no sensitive, personal data left on the hard drive before parting with the computer. TC.

spuds 19:11 18 Oct 2006

Due to laws on electrical goods, you may find that no charity shop will want the items. Try a postcard in your local supermarket or place nearby that have a notice board. Word of mouth with the neighbours or workplace perhaps!.

bluto1 22:09 18 Oct 2006

A few months ago there was a thread on this forum asking for `computer` help for a school for autistic kids. A good few answered but having visited the school I felt that they could use a tremendous lot of help. The address is:
Holbrook Centre for autism,
Portway,
Holbrook,
Derbyshire.
DE56 0TE.

Sorry I`ve not got the telephone number, but if you can find it get in touh and see if your old gear is of any use. I`m sure it will.

mexicano 23:06 18 Oct 2006

Try this website. I think it is absolutely fantastic.

click here

egapup 08:33 19 Oct 2006

Try ebay, i've sold loads of old computer stuff on there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?