Finding hidden mouse arrow on screen.

Meshuga 07:59 26 Sep 2007

I have always had a facility to press CTRL button which would pinpoint the position of the mouse arrow. This has suddenly disappeared and the little box to tick to enable it in Mouse properties has disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back please. My OS is XP home sp2.

I am Spartacus 08:02 26 Sep 2007

I think it comes with MS Intellitype software and if you don't have it installed then click here

Meshuga 08:08 26 Sep 2007

I am Spartacus, Thank you, I will check that out later.

Meshuga 08:29 26 Sep 2007

bump.

Graham. 09:18 26 Sep 2007

That good old standby System Restore might bring it back. A Windows update might be to blame:

My HP printer recently stopped working. Re-installation didn't help. Putting my printer details into HP site revealed a 'fix' to correct an update problem.

You never know.

Simsy 10:06 26 Sep 2007

"...the little box to tick to enable it in Mouse properties has disappeared..." do you really mean disappeared, or greyed out?

I thought it was a windows function, not specific to keyboard software? (I'm happy to be corrected on this!) Are you looking at the correct "tab" under mouse options? It's under "Pointer Options"

Regards,

Simsy

bretsky 10:17 26 Sep 2007

Try pressing the shift key half a dozen times to get the Sticky keys settings dialog box up.
HTH

bretsky ;0)

Meshuga 10:53 26 Sep 2007

Hi Graham, I had thought of system restore but as I don`t know when it last worked I don`t know how far back to go. I suppose I could go back to the beginning of the month and see if that works. I`ll try it. Thanks for your reply.

Meshuga 10:58 26 Sep 2007

Hi Simsy,I mean that the little box is not there at all because "pointer options" is not in the mouse properties box, only the word " Pointers" and that only shows different shapes and sizes of pointers. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 11:03 26 Sep 2007

Hi bretsky, done as you suggested but there is nothing in the sticky keys box that is related to my problem. Thanks for replying.

I am Spartacus 11:03 26 Sep 2007

I mistakenly named the software as IntelliType rather than IntelliPoint. Have you tried downloading and installing from the link?

I'm not 100% certain but I thought the extra features were installed with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?