Findfast.EXE has stoped working

Ex plorer 13:25 23 Mar 2010

After a read up on Findfast can any one point me to a good free Windows register program to sort the problem as I think this is where the problem lies.
OS Vista

northumbria61 22:37 23 Mar 2010

Am I correct in thinking you want to remove Findfast as it is causing you problems?

Findfast.exe is a process that is part of Find Fast Indexer. It attempts to index the Microsoft Office documents on your computer. Its main purpose is to increase search speed for Microsoft documents, but is known to create problems and can be terminated without destroying any system processes. Because computers have increased in memory size and processing speed to better search for Microsoft documents, it is irrelevant and can be removed easily and quickly from its destination folder.
Difficulty: Moderate
Instructions

Step 1

Press "Ctrl," "Alt," and "Delete," to open the Windows Task Manager. Click the "Processes" tab on the top to show all currently running process.
Step 2

Scroll through and click "FindFast.exe." Click "End Process." If it is not a currently running process, move to the next step.
Step 3

Double-click "My Computer" on the desktop and double-click the "C:" drive. Double-click the "Program Files" folder and double-click "Microsoft Office."
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
Step 4

Double-click "Office." Locate "Findfast.exe" and right-click it. Click "Delete." Empty the recycle bin to complete the removal process.

northumbria61 22:39 23 Mar 2010

Turn OFF/Turn ON

click here

Ex plorer 11:06 24 Mar 2010

Hi thanks for the replies. I want to keep findfast sorry I didn't make that clear.
I have office 2007 and had difficulty in getting it back on my Laptop after wiping the drive.

I made an alteration as follows, In run I typed regedit.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ Current Version \ Image File \ Execution Options

You should see htmlmarq.ocx and htmlmm.ocx separate keys.

Rename them to something else, ie. htmlmarq.tmp and htmlmm.tmp

This fixed the problem and Office 2007 loaded.

I will get back on how I sort the problem with Find-fast as far as I can make out its running but has a problem in running correctly.

northumbria61 11:20 24 Mar 2010

Good news !

Ex plorer 08:13 30 Mar 2010

Hi all found the glitch with Findfast.
It only appears on boot up when I have my external drive plugged into the laptop?
Booting up without it and I get no pop-up warning that Findfast is not running correctly.

Ex plorer 08:15 30 Mar 2010

Should read Hi northumbria61 thanks for your time and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?