Filthy suggestions

Baslla321 09:26 23 Apr 2004

There is a particular guy on MSN Messenger who comes up with filthy suggestions in a childrens group. I have blocked him now, but is there any other way to prevent him from changing his ID and reappearing on the net?

March Hare 09:45 23 Apr 2004

A search on this forum will give many threads on MSN Messenger and how to disable it.

Like click here

Simsy 09:47 23 Apr 2004

it seems like something that should be reported to the police.

Regards,

Simsy

keith-236785 09:55 23 Apr 2004

or at lease to msn so they can take action

Big Elf 10:36 23 Apr 2004
  Big Elf 10:37 23 Apr 2004

Also look at the INHOPE link.

Baslla321 13:18 23 Apr 2004

Thanks for your kind suggestions. I cannot report it as I live on Malta.
Also my daughter has many nice school friends on the site and to disable it will be a pity. I have his hotmail email address now and I just cannot decide whether it is worth telling him where to get off or just ignore it. I will still give my daughter 13yrs, a lecture about the these dangers. He can easily get a different Hotmail passport and return to the scene.Will see. Thanks again.

Baslla321 13:37 23 Apr 2004

I have just been and read INHOPE. Very interesting and useful info. Unfortunatelt this island is not on their list of European countries. Thanks.

vaughan007 13:54 23 Apr 2004

Is there no way to 'control access' to a forum on MSN so that people have to apply directly to you before being able to post anything on it.

I know that Yahoo groups has a way that means that only people who are invited to join can join. Or when people request to join it is up to the group admins to allow them to (or not as the case maybe).

It was just a thought...

anon1 14:09 23 Apr 2004

there is a good way of dealing with this go to click here and download messenger plus. Then you can log ALL the chats ( explain to your daughter that it is safer for her) if need be let your daughter delete anything she does not want to share with you (mutual trust here) and then if the pest returns you can log the details for future use. You could also add his name to the blocked list withing messenger and then he will not even know if she is online. If you are talking bout msn chat rather than msn messenger then contact msn. I used to be a chat host on msn ( a few years ago) and they will do whatever they can to protect your daughter and her friends. HTH

Baslla321 14:52 23 Apr 2004

Thats a good idea! Willdo. Tks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?