Film Scanner - RGB

Young Ranger 19:41 02 May 2004

I've just aquired a Primefilm 1800u film scanner and downloaded the XP driver for it. After 2 or 3 days trying it out I have achieved some reasonable results but a lot of the scans have a very strong colour cast.

I can't make up my mind if the scanner is faulty or it is down to my lack of understanding colour balance and how to achieve the results that match the original prints.

I have Paint Shop Pro which helps a bit but still dosn't give me what I want. Can any one point me in the direction of a good website/book etc that would help me.

shifty 20:14 02 May 2004

I use the same scanner and had a problem with colour casts on the darker Kodak films and slides. I played about selecting Agfa or other types of film until I got a decent image, I must admit though I found a problem using Paintshop pro as it would not accept the profiles in colour management for the scanner, after trying an Adobe program I found that I could define accurate profiles and get a true colour match.

Young Ranger 01:33 03 May 2004

Tried Adobe Photo Elements but didn't get on any better with that. I think this must be because I don't understand how to get the correct balance.

A small part picture of one picture is a circle divided into three equal sectors, red, white and blue. The white looks white, the blue is blue but not the correct shade and the red appears as black. The overall picture on many of the scans appears as blue/green.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?