Files/Folder help

jp2003 15:48 02 Nov 2006

Hi all!

As a savvy PC guy I like to make back ups of all my date periodically. Currently I have two DVD-R disc with about 8GIG of music on between them.

Since I last saved my music, I now have 11GIG of music, so I want to save the remaining 4GIG that isn't currently saved. The problem is I don't know what I already have saved and what I haven't.

As it would be very time consuming to go through every track and double check it's on one of my DVD discs I was wondering if there was a piece of software or a method through windows xp where I could find out which files I've saved and which I haven't.

I've already tried dragging and dropping my music folder into the DVD drive, hoping it would tell me that the file already exists so then I could cancel all the ones I already have then be left with a list of music tracks that need saving.

Unfortnately this didn't work as the disc is 'read only'.

Does anybody know of another way I could identify tracks that I haven't saved to the DVDS?

Many thanks!

FreeCell 15:54 02 Nov 2006

Have a look at click here

rawprawn 16:18 02 Nov 2006

click here I think this will do it.

jp2003 17:15 02 Nov 2006

Thanks for your suggestions guys, had a look at both of the programmes and they both had their uses!

Got a list of what needs saving now!

Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?