Files and settings wizard data - please help

Marktheweb 19:38 13 Jan 2006

Having migrated settings using files and settings wizard prior to a format, I now cannot open the file at all. Is there any way of accessing that data you veryclever (and kind) people?

De Marcus™ 20:01 13 Jan 2006

Have you tried using the files & settings transfer wizard to open it, as far as I know you need to use the wizard to create the file on the old pc and the wizard again to open the file on the new pc and restore your files and settings.

Marktheweb 20:03 13 Jan 2006

Yes I have and it simply will not touch it so I assume that the file is damaged, however, I can dsee the size of the file on disk, 1.4GBs, so I want to know if there is any way on earth to receover the actual raw data out of it. Thank you for youur kind response

Marktheweb 20:33 14 Jan 2006

Just refreshing this post in case ANYONE out there can assist me at all :)

Davith 19:12 07 Jun 2006

Using file and transfer wizard. on old machine.
Choices to gather data are Direct cable, floppy or other removable media and other(ie removable drive or network). The only choice under floppy or other removable media is 3 1/2 Floppy no drop down selection. If other is selected and my drive D:CD writer is used all is ok as long as the file created does not exceed the size of the CD media there appears to be no option for CD spanning. I presume that if there was a method of selecting my D:CD writer under the the removerable media selection I would be able to span as it suggests that the number of floppies required runs into the 100's. Has any one resolved or even come across this problem??

Jackcoms 19:16 07 Jun 2006

You would be better starting a brand new thread of your own rather than hijacking one which was effectively closed almost 5 months ago

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?