How do you file your photos?

I used to have quite a basic way of doing it. Folder categories being:

Nights Out
Holidays
Family
Pets
Weddings
etc.

However, that was ok when I first started out with digital photos and didn't have many but now I have hundred of folders (for each individual night out) within "nights out" and "holiday", etc. so need folders within folders - maybe year folders 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, etc. within each of my current folders, and then the individual night out folder containing the photos from that night out?? I dunno....

Does anyone have any alternative/better way of filing their photos? How do you do yours?

Clapton is God 15:04 15 Aug 2008

"so need folders within folders - maybe year folders 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, etc. within each of my current folders, and then the individual night out folder containing the photos from that night out??"

I think that you've probably answered your own question.

The alternative, of course, is to stop having nights out or holidays or weddings so you won't have to through the hassle of taking photos.

Technotiger 15:27 15 Aug 2008

Or, perhaps the way my son Steve files his many many photo's on his website click here just click on Photos to see what I mean.

woodchip 15:32 15 Aug 2008

leave camera at home or get just a mobile without a camera

magnus35 15:59 15 Aug 2008

I found myself in a similar position and use the same filing system as you . It seems to be the best and easiest way to locate and quickly access the photos .
Just make sure that you regularly back them up to disc(s) . I started saving my pictures on CDs but now have so many that a few DVDs are required . I keep only the most recent stuff on the PC hard drive .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?