Files disappear in cut/paste interrupt transfer

Mimiko 07:03 26 Jun 2016

Hi everyone, I'm a bit stuck here. I was transferring some pictures from my computer to my Hard drive (maybe 8gb) when my hard drive disconnected itself almost at the end. I paused SuperCopier until the hard drive reconnected and tried to restart it but didn't work. I canceled and one random file, which was already fully transferred (not the one the computer was last moving) disappear from my hard drive. On the computer this file is till there, but completely empty. The file missing had around 200 pictures (500MB size). I've look for it by search and so far I've run Recuva and NTFS Undelete which have manage to find absolutely all the folder/files that has been transfer except this particular folder nor the files which were in it. (So far it's like it just vanish ..) I have no idea why this file disappear, where to look (my hard drive ? My computer ?) or even how to look for it. If anyone has any idea, everything is good to take. Thank you :)

BRYNIT 09:09 26 Jun 2016

You could try the suggestion on PC Advisor CLICK HERE

To prevent this from happening again especially on large files never cut and paste always copy and paste, it's also wise to keep a second copy on another drive as a backup.

1]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?