filepicker?

podlod 16:32 15 Nov 2007

Could please someone help me as everytime I download i cannot open because of something called filepicker, please help???

podlod 07:58 16 Nov 2007

Hi marg, I tried your first choice but nothing there, and then I went into event viewer, clicked view but there was no filter? what am I doing wrong, please explain more simpler to me, thanks

podlod 09:15 16 Nov 2007

Hi again marg, I tried to download again but a box keeps coming up and saying `filepicker was unexpectedly closed by windows` still confused?

VoG II 09:57 16 Nov 2007

If this is in Firefox, Tools > Add-ons, click on Filepicker and click the Uninstall button.

podlod 10:19 16 Nov 2007

hi vog, I did what you advised and deleted something called ma-config.com, is that right if not how do I return it, thanks?

podlod 11:57 16 Nov 2007

Hi Marg, I removed Mozilla and carried out you instructions on bookmarks and I completed it all, whether it makes any difference I shall see?
Yes I did recognise the ma-config in your link.
The only other prob now is that when I have scanned for viruses and want to save to notepad, it just does not come up or save?? any ideas? so far you have helped out terrific!

p;3 15:33 16 Nov 2007

having never heard of it; this apparely from a google search
click here

is what filepicker is; do you remember actually downloading this or why you might use it?

podlod 15:50 16 Nov 2007

hi p3, this is very strange because everytime I download an up to date mozilla, this seems to turn up, but before when it happened an pc mechanic removed it, but he is no longer here now? any idea on how I can remove it as it is not in my removal area, thanks

p;3 18:51 16 Nov 2007

if it is not in add/remove programs does it show up when you click on the start menue and browse up to all programs , or even over to accessores?

my wonder is , IS it a genuine item ON the computer or, given your other problems , a 'rougue item?

podlod 09:48 17 Nov 2007

Hi Marg, no the only thing I have in add-ons now is something called talkback?
p3, no it never shows itself up only when I want to download something which is at the moment impossible as this is the prob?

podlod 12:28 17 Nov 2007

Yes I did as he said, and I got Internet explorer ok, but this damned filepicker wont leave!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?