File/photo renamer.

gengiscant 18:26 24 Jul 2009

Hi folks,I'm looking for a simple to use file renamer.Just noticed that I have loads of photos that need attention.

Curio 19:29 24 Jul 2009

Right Click on the file, select Rename

DieSse 19:56 24 Jul 2009

I use this one

click here

looks a tad complex at first glance, but very easy to use in practice, and does just about anything you need.

exdragon 22:18 24 Jul 2009

Have a look at this one

click here

I find it pretty good as it gives several different options for renaming images aqnd you can see different ones befor deciding on what is best for you.

gengiscant 09:31 25 Jul 2009

DieSse and exdragon, had a look at your suggestions and to be brutally honest looking for something a lot simpler to use,thanks anyway.

Curio, a curious suggestion,lol.

Terry Brown 09:39 25 Jul 2009

The easiest option is to right click on the file /photo and select Rename. Don't forget to add the original extention (e.g. jpg).
Terry

Stuartli 09:44 25 Jul 2009

Why?

It's a standard method, although probably a bit laborious in the case of a large number of individual files.

gengiscant 09:52 25 Jul 2009

No I did not mean to belittle your suggestion because I have taken it a stage further by doing this,click here
which is really all I need.So thanks to you.

peter99co 11:06 25 Jul 2009

That works well on Vista. I just renamed 260 in a file folder.

Stuartli 14:50 25 Jul 2009

I've always renamed any new batch of digital camera photographs with a folder name that represents a particular event or location, as outlined by gengiscant's link.

It has always made sense to do so in order to find particular shots quicker (I open the relevant folder in Picasa and they are shown in all their glory).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?